PTCL’s IVIO Icon Pro comes with built-in 3G Evo Internet connection. We have been using the phone for a while now and like many others, faced the issue of CDMA (3G Evo) APN settings disappearing from the phone.
Thanks to our reader, Danyal Manzar, I tried to add the APN settings back into the phone but it just wouldn’t save. In the end, the only solution – except the Cricket APN settings Galaxy S6 – was to visit Airlink Communications office in your city and get the phone software re-installed, which would also wipe out all your installed apps, settings and games from the phone memory.
The CDMA APN settings bug is still there, and the only solution to fix it is how I have mentioned above. Still, if you think you can add the APN settings back, we have shared the default settings below:
- Go to Settings > Dual mode settings > CDMA Access Point Names.
- Press the ‘Menu’ key and select “New APN”.
- Now use the following settings:
Name: PTCL EVO (anything you like)
Username: [email protected] (case-sensitive)
APN type: default,supl
- Leave the rest of the options as they are.
- Save the settings and if this worked, your PTCL 3G should be enabled again!