Most Android phones and tablets launched specially for Pakistan (and Middle East region) have built-in support for Urdu language. You can easily read Urdu text messages and other content in your phone, Android comes with full language support. However, if want to write / type / input in Urdu language, many phones may not be able to do that.
You cannot just go to your keyboard settings and switch to Urdu and start typing. This is where GO Keyboard comes in. We will give you a quick installation and set up guide below on how to install this keyboard app and start typing in Urdu on your Android device.
How to Type in Urdu on Android Phones
It is pretty easy to start typing in Urdu on an Android phone. Follow these simple steps below:
1. Download and install GO Keyboard from the Google Play Store
2. Open the app and follow the on-screen steps to enable and switch to GO Keyboard.
3. After you enable it, go to “Input Settings” in the app and then go to “Input language settings”.
4. Scroll down till you see Urdu (in Urdu font).
5. Check the box. A popup box will open to download the language files. Tap the ‘Done’ button.
6. Download “Urdu for GO Keyboard” app from the Android Market.
7. Now open any app for text input (i.e. Messages) and pop open the keyboard.
8. Tap the ‘EN’ key on your GO Keyboard and it will change to Urdu keyboard.
I hope this tutorial was helpful to those who want to type in Urdu on Android phones.
GO Keyboard is not the only app which allows you to type in Urdu. MultiLang Keyboard also has Urdu language support.