Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are the newly announced flasgship phones from Samsung for this year in their Galaxy S series. We still have about three weeks before the phones are launched anywhere in the world, but thanks to Samsung Pakistan, we were able to get a quick hands-on with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge — and a few more details so you can hold up before buying your next big Android phone.
Both of the these phones have exactly the same technical specifications, other than the apparent difference in the screens, because of those melted ‘edges’ on both sides of the Galaxy S6 Edge. A quick look at their technical specifications and then check out the hands-on pictures.
Samsung Galaxy S6: Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display, 1440 x 2560 pixels (577 PPI)
- Processor: 64-bit, Samsung Exynos 7420
- Camera: 16 megapixels camera, real-time HDR, 5 megapixels front camera
- Video: 4K video recording at 30FPS
- Memory: 3 GB RAM, 32/64/128 GB internal storage, no microSD card support
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi, A-GPS, infrared, microUSB
- Other: Free cloud storage (OneDrive with 115GB and Dropbox with 50GB), Heart rate sensor, barometer, smart charging, built-in wireless charging and much more.
- Battery: 2600mAh Li-Ion battery, non-removable
- OS: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop – Samsung TouchWiz UI
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge: Hands-On Pictures
Samsung Galaxy S6 / Galaxy S6 Edge is expected to go on sale in Pakistan on 10th April, the same day as it will go on sale in the rest of the world. You will be able to pre-order both these phones from 23rd March! More details here: [Pre-Order Samsung Galaxy S6 in Pakistan]
Price in Pakistan
Price is where both of these phones are going to be set apart, other than the apparent dual edge display on one of the phones — and mind you, we love the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge because of that! The price at which both of these phones are set to launch are as follows:
- Samsung Galaxy S6: Rs. 79,000
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge: Rs. 92,999